Preparation for meditation
- Think about what you want to achieve with your meditation.
- Find a distraction-free area to meditate.
- Use a meditation cushion.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Choose a time when you’re comfortable.
- Have a timer at hand.
- Sit on your cushion or chair with a straight back.
- Don’t fret about what to do with your hands.
- Tilt your chin as though you’re looking downward.
- set your timer.
- Keep your mouth closed as you breathe.
- Focus on your breathing.
- Observe your breath but don’t analyse it.
- Bring your attention back to your breath if it wanders.
- Don’t be to hard on yourself.